Thursday, August 12, 2010

Structure

So after 5 days (including the weekend) of vacation, I had to drag myself out of bed this morning and get ready for work.  And it was painful.  What is it about getting up for work that is so hard?  I did not sleep in a single morning of vacation...in fact, the latest I slept was 7:30am.  Yet getting up this morning was the usual ordeal of hitting the alarm for 45 minutes, laying on the couch and finally dragging my sorry self to the Keurig.  I have just got to get better at this whole morning thing.

Still, despite my groggy morning, it feels good to be back into the routine.  I feel like a giant dehydrated salt puff after vacation.  I drink a ton of water at work...on vacation or on weekends, no so much.  Then again, on vacation and on weekends I am not in front of a computer 10 hours a day...so drinking water isn't nearly as exciting.  Still, I am excited to be hydrating again!  And I am excited to be eating a bland, veggie full, low sodium, wine-less lunch.  And I am excited to get in some kind of noon time workout.  And I would be excited for a yoga class and a healthy dinner except I am headed to the Pats game right after work, so we will just have to wait and see how that pans out.

I am also happy to be back to work because, as I have mentioned before, I like my days to have structure.  I like them to be planned out and have a purpose.  I find that having a routine, having a plan keeps me on track.  Without one, I am a complete mess.  If I do not have my snack and food choices planned out, I easily get derailed.  If I do not have a workout on my calender or in my  blackberry, it gets missed or pushed back for days.  I am a girl who needs structure...and I think that that is okay.  Though it would be nice if I could function without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment