Monday, July 12, 2010

Still Sick

Remember when I said "Lesson Noted" and not "Lesson Learned"?  Well I continued that theme through the weekend.  I skipped Vinyasa class Friday in order to leave work early and get to the doctor's office.  Result?  Seventy-Six Dollars later I am officially diagnosed with Bronchitis, a Sinus Infection, some kind of throat issue/infection and ears almost at ear infection level and am the proud owner of multiple drugs.  Going to the doctor's is tough for me - I don't like to do it because: 1) it is expensive; 2) it is time consuming; and 3) it inevitably ends up with me having to take medicine.  I know that there are people who get by without medicines and I wish I was one of them.  I hate taking them - I am the poster child for side effects.

After the doctor's I picked up my meds and some stuff for dinner and went home, whined to Bill, ate a dinner I couldn't taste and watched Jaws 2.  All good - operation recovery in effect. 

Saturday morning I was up at 6:41am and off the the races!!  I couldn't sleep because of (insert one of a million illness symptoms here) so I got up to take my Cipro.  Woo!  Man does that stuff make me wired.   And Nauseous.  And thirsty.  And while setting up that there link I also read that it causes tendinitis in active people.  Awesome.  So I took the Cipro, made breakfast, read my book club book, worked in the garden and then hit a 9:00am 90 minute power yoga class at Revelation.  I was supposed to go running too but both my lungs and my doctor said no.

The yoga class was great - very tough and very hot.  I felt like I was going to throw up a few times but that was probably the Cipro more than anything else.  Otherwise I felt fine the whole class and worked up a ridiculous sweat.  I then headed home and cleaned the bathroom, including unclogging the drains. 

Then I crashed.  Big time.  My head was officially a big ball of ewww.  Still I couldn't rest.  I tried taking a nap...I think it was driving Bill crazy that I was simultaneously complaining about feeling like crap and running around like a mad woman.  I am not sure if that was caused by the Cipro, me or both.  I would guess both but I can blame the Cipro because apparently you are not supposed to combine it with caffeine or it makes you a nutcase:

"Do not drink or eat a lot of caffeine-containing products such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, cola, or chocolate. Ciprofloxacin may increase nervousness, sleeplessness, heart pounding, and anxiety caused by caffeine."


I am pretty sure I had my usual 4-5 cups of coffee on Saturday.  I probably should have read the warnings first. 

Oh and I ended the night by going to a concert where I partied it up.  Yup. 

Surprisingly, I felt better Sunday.  Not great but better...I barely moved from the couch all day except to tend to the tomato plants for 20 minutes.  Today I went to work but they sent me home fearing I would infect the office ... but I am better.  Really, it feels like I just have a cold now.  So I will go to yoga tonight and hopefully I will lift weights and finally make it back to Victoria's class tomorrow night.  Still no running for the week at least - doctor's orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment