Thursday, January 6, 2011

Update and a New Website

First things first - here is a new website that I am addicted to:  http://www.fooducate.com/blog/

Basically Fooducate is a blog dedicated to finding out what is actually in the food products you eat.  I have to say that I recently ate a few bags of 'baked chips' and drank my first diet soda (or any soda for that matter) in at least a year and I felt really weird about it.  Not bad necessarily, just odd.  And I can say that after reading this blog, I can assure you that I will not be getting near those products again.

As for an update on this week, its going okay but not stellar.  Until I see how finances play out on payday, I have been unable to make it over to Revelation...and I really miss it.  I am psyched to make it to Victoria's class Friday afternoon!

Here's how it went down:
Monday:  Nightmare day/night.  No gym time.
Tuesday: Elliptical for 15 minutes, 45 minutes weights
Wednesday: Ran 4 miles
Thursday: The plan today in 2 mile speed workout, 45 minutes weights
Friday: Victoria's Power Yoga class
Saturday: Long Run (weather permitting), Weights
Sunday: Power Yoga or Rest Day

Lunches:

So its winter.  And I am freezing.  Here have been my two go to lunches since winter hit:

Hummus Day:

Wrap with Hummus, Hot Sauce, Chia Seeds, Broccoli Slaw, heated.
With
Spinach and Mushrooms, heated till wilted then tossed with red wine vinegar and pepper

Soup Day:

1 Can Health Valley Organic Low Calorie Soup...here's the deal - this soup is expensive ($3.69 a can or so).  But after spending an insane amount of time in the soup aisle this was the only one I could fathom ingesting.  Yes, I can make my own soup for less money and I plan on doing so this weekend.

1 Salad with mixed baby green, snap peas, carrots, vinegar and pepper...there should be an oil or fat source here to help absorb nutrients but I need to hit up the grocery store.

Snack:

These lunches are really light on calories...I know.  Non-veggie calories are only stacking in at 200-250 calories.  I have been supplementing with 1-2 hard boiled eggs either as a snack or on my salad, a pear and a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment