Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Start

Way back when - you know, in the beginning, I was not fit. I had fantasies as an out of shape high schooler of going off to college and becoming fit - and of course, therefore, cool. And in the end, I did it...well, the get fit part, not the 'cool' part necessarily. Then I became unfit - I think in the end the 'unfit' was a cause of many things - but I don't like excuses - so lets just say that the cause of becoming unfit was me. I've recently learned about the Om Cycle - everything has a beginning, a middle and an end. A start, a preservation, and a ceasing. Plain and simple. I can look back and see two distinct fit cycles in my life. Both times I started out really determined, then I got too comfortable and reverted back to old ways, and then the fit cycle was over. Now here I am again, on the road to fit for the third time. To be fair, I am actually now, after some work, fit again. However, this time, this cycle, I am trying to be fit mind, body and soul. This is taking a bit more work than being just physically fit...and I thought I'd share it. And so I start.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I never put it to words before, but the fit cycles you talk about is just what I've experienced as well.

    Thanks for the post

    M

    ReplyDelete